Helpful things for CCW. - Page 7
Close

Helpful things for CCW.

This is a discussion on Helpful things for CCW. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Yet another one that I've managed to overlook since starting this thread, if you carry, use a proper holster. Mexi-carry is just a bad idea ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Helpful things for CCW.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    Yet another one that I've managed to overlook since starting this thread, if you carry, use a proper holster. Mexi-carry is just a bad idea for a lot of reasons, it being a poor safety practice first and foremost among them.

I've been experimenting where I can carry best with my level of activity and ease of draw....I've settled at 5:00...its comfortable enough in the car for hour long trips and still not terrible to draw

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12
    I've been experimenting where I can carry best with my level of activity and ease of draw....I've settled at 5:00...its comfortable enough in the car for hour long trips and still not terrible to draw
    I find that SOB works pretty well, you just have to watch the tendency to either sweep yourself or surroundings with the muzzle of the gun when drawing. It can be perfected with practice, though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

I tried SOB while heading to the restaurant and such. It just doesn't work for me well. Walking around standing up, its nearly transparent. Anything other than standing straight up doesn't work. I have a 'S' curve spine tho, so that can be the reason.

Take a class with SouthNarc if the opportunity presents itself (the 4hr ECQC is well worth its mere 150.00). When you get in to a rolling/wrestling/gunfight, small of the back carry is a serious handicap.

He likes appendix carry with a good holster, but I'm mostly a 4oc with a Bladetech UCH carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyTTE
    Take a class with SouthNarc if the opportunity presents itself (the 4hr ECQC is well worth its mere 150.00). When you get in to a rolling/wrestling/gunfight, small of the back carry is a serious handicap.

He likes appendix carry with a good holster, but I'm mostly a 4oc with a Bladetech UCH carrier.
    SOB isn't an oft used mode of carry for me, but it does happen from time to time when the anticipated scheduled and mode of dress dictate.

I re-iterate, train, train, and train some more if you carry. I shot for the first time in about a month over the weekend, and as expected my skills had degraded some. Granted, I was still able to get a good sized group with my carry guns (.45 ACP Springfield 1911 and 9mm Springfield EMP), but the groups had opened up to about 5" at 15 yards from my previous 3" at the same distance when I was shooting every week. Stupid school and work killing my range time.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Remove Ads

Ads