Helpful things for CCW. - Page 6
Close

Helpful things for CCW.

This is a discussion on Helpful things for CCW. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I'm fortunate because the wife is a cop and I have access to her OIS attys. However, they did give my brother a referral to ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Helpful things for CCW.

I'm fortunate because the wife is a cop and I have access to her OIS attys. However, they did give my brother a referral to an excellent attorney when he had a bit of a scrape, so I'd find out who works for the PD and who THEY recommend (since they usually won't work with you).

Kelly

PS: Out here, you can have someone on retainer without a current case/project.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KellyTTE
    PS: Out here, you can have someone on retainer without a current case/project.
    Not in my neck of the woods. Violates the Professional Code as having an attorney on retainer constitutes misappropriation of funds by our jurisdiction's definition. Legal professionals' books are audited by the State Bar Association every 2-2.5 years. If you have money in Escrow for a client and they don't have an active case in the Court system which can be verified by CJIS Docketing, you get a nice pee-pee slap and a fine. Do it enough and you lose your license to practice.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    Because doing what i damn well please with my hard earned money is the states fing business. wonderful.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Yet another obvious one, but one that is oft overlooked, none the less, think before you act. Yes that old childhood adage that your parents drilled into your thin little skull applies to carrying a weapon whether blade or boomstick.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    There is a good attorney on georgia packing that has actually been used by members when the shit hit the fan.

But the way my dates go, we usually go out and I have no idea if I am getting a hug, kiss or getting some after the night is over. I think its fair to atleast consult with them and let them know you do carry before you do. Comfort = trust I think.... Although I think that if I did carry it wouldnt be bad.

I've been hugged while carrying IWB where the hugger clearly felt something, and they weren't even phazed. A small blocky object around the beltline could be a cell phone or electronic doodad.

It's all in how you carry yourself. Be cool, be confident, and people around you will be cool too. Act shady and nervous... and ditto.

^^

The girl I usually dance with doesn't like guns. I carry in a SmartCarry holster even when dancing. And if we're up close she may feel something hard!!, but has never asked, and I never offer an explanation.

"Are you carrying Mexican style, or are you just glad to see me?"

Here's another helpful little pointer. Pick a mode of carry that is appropriate to how you will be spending your time out in the world. For the most part I opt for IWB at roughly the 4:00 position on the strong side and a pair of spare mags on the weak side at roughtly 10:00. This mode of carry for me provides good concealment under most clothing, and also facilitates easy access to my weapon should it be necessary.

If you are the type that spends loads of time seated in a car, strong side 4:00 or SOB carry may not be the best way to go about it. In that instance you may want to consider carrying cross draw or in a shoulder holster.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    I tried riding w/ my supertuck on in the car and wow that was painful...I too carry at 4:00. But am thinking ill try 3:30 or even 3:00 as I dont want to pull the gun out of the holster and stuff it into the console w/ a round in the chamber (m&p9c).

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads