Helpful things for CCW. - Page 5
Close

Helpful things for CCW.

This is a discussion on Helpful things for CCW. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Im super paranoid while carrying...always wondering if someone can see me printing, etc... I only wear polos when I carry because my tshirts are not ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Helpful things for CCW.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    Im super paranoid while carrying...always wondering if someone can see me printing, etc... I only wear polos when I carry because my tshirts are not loose enough.

The problem I have is the grip digging into my back because of how the holster sits on me (supertuck).

But even though I am paranoid, friends have claimed they couldnt ever tell I was carrying, I just have to stop messing with my shirt on the right side when I am in public. I keep thinking I need to fix it...

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I actually have a very difficult time dressing around my EDC when I'm not at work. At work it's a breeze, just don't take my suit/sport jacket (whichever the case may be) off. Off hours, however, is a different story. I think I may fall into the same category as Matt...dressing like a douche.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    lol.. well my other dillema is that if I am on a date I dont carry (if its a first date).

I just havent gotten many 2nd dates - probably becuase I do tell them that I conceal carry, just not on the 1st date...dont want them thinking I am going to murder them .

I cant carry at work. I work at an airport (small one) and the college is very close. Plus I am all around aircraft (when we get them) so my concealed carry would be very un concealed w/ me stretching with a fuel hose on a ladder.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blindeye_03
    lol.. well my other dillema is that if I am on a date I dont carry (if its a first date).

I just havent gotten many 2nd dates - probably becuase I do tell them that I conceal carry, just not on the 1st date...dont want them thinking I am going to murder them .

I cant carry at work. I work at an airport (small one) and the college is very close. Plus I am all around aircraft (when we get them) so my concealed carry would be very un concealed w/ me stretching with a fuel hose on a ladder.
    at work (college campus) I'll usually defy the laws secretly and carry in a concealed compartment in my daily carry backpack. Can't risk "openly" concealing here. I'm sure things are far more stricter at the airport though.

and why the hell wouldn't you carry on the first date? Personal security shouldn't ever take a backseat except to law, man!

as far as the shirt thing...I've quickly learned to not care about printing. I just make sure I didn't become open carry b/c of the shirt-flipping-up thing, and then go about my day. The only people that will notice are you, and other crazy gun nuts like ourselves. I always play the "is [s]he carrying" game when I'm at restaurants.

and girls and guns...hmmm. My part of the Union, I have to tread carefully. I'll get the girls views on guns, and depending on that I'll let her know my interest in them. Most, though, are brainwashed zombies who think guns are terrible. For the longest time, I had to have a battle of wills with my g/f to even keep a HD gun on the night stand. Over time, she barely notices. Now all she says when we go out is "are you carrying" and thats it. Desensitizing is a wonderful thing, but not something that should be done on the first date !

I carry whenever lawfully possible. Exceptions being into State/Federal Government buildings, sterile areas of airports and on K-12 schools. Insofar as carry at the school I attend, it's against university policy, but not the laws of the state. Since I go straight from work to school, I'll often carry a 1911 in the Blade-Tech UCH with my shirt tucked in over the gun. No one even knows. This goes back to one of my first posts in this tread, if you can lawfully carry, do so at all times lawfully permissible.

The few times that I will dump the gun and not carry, as mentioned above, when around 'safe zones', when going to the bar to imbibe a grown up drink or two, or when going into a concert since they frisk, and I'm going to guess won't care that I have a permit to carry. I also don't carry when going to the beach, even in my back pack since it's left unattended when I decide to go swimming.

So far as the chick thing goes, what the (in)significant other doesn't know won't hurt. There are tactful ways around being found out as I've discovered over the last couple of years.

for me its always been the paused stare as I unmount everything and put it on the nightstand "oh"...*gasp*..."I didn't even know you were carrying THAT"

OK, I'll weigh in.

How many are prepared for after the fight?

Know a good pro-gun attorney?
    Have one on retainer?
    Have a will? Sometimes you might do the right thing and save someone, and it might cost you your life.
    Have a backup gun of the same make and model as your carry gun? Even if you're in a good shoot, chances are your gun will go away for a while.
    Prepared yourself mentally for the mark of Cain?

'A wise general knows the cost of war before he enters the battle' - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by KellyTTE
    OK, I'll weigh in.

How many are prepared for after the fight?

Know a good pro-gun attorney?
    Have one on retainer?
    Have a will? Sometimes you might do the right thing and save someone, and it might cost you your life.
    Have a backup gun of the same make and model as your carry gun? Even if you're in a good shoot, chances are your gun will go away for a while.
    Prepared yourself mentally for the mark of Cain?

'A wise general knows the cost of war before he enters the battle' - Sun Tzu
    +1 on everything above, but for item two. Most attorneys who would be enlisted to assist in this type of situation aren't the type you just keep on the payroll, to wit, they don't take your money unless they are actively representing you on a matter pending disposition in court. This is one of those professional rules having to do with the attorney's book keeping, I know this well from my day to day professional life. It is absolutely a good idea to know at least two good pro gun/SD attorneys who practice on the criminal defense bar though.

How does one go about finding said attorney's ?

Start with your state bar association, they typically have an attorney referral service. I'm sure, however, that it'll take a little time to find the one that's 'it'.
    JediDave likes this.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads