Helpful things for CCW. - Page 2
Close

Helpful things for CCW.

This is a discussion on Helpful things for CCW. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Great point about Deebo being a moving target. If one ever plays paintball or airsoft, he can appreciate how difficult it can actually be to ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Helpful things for CCW.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    Great point about Deebo being a moving target. If one ever plays paintball or airsoft, he can appreciate how difficult it can actually be to hit a moving target.

An additional practical pointer. Learn to be an effective shooter with the strong and weak hand as well as using a variety of shooting techniques. I personally prefer use of isosceles technique, but there are times where I would be unable to use this technique such as when wearing a suit. In that instance I must use the Weaver technique, or use a one handed method. One should also learn to be a proficient one handed shooter on both the strong and weak sides in case of impairment of one side or the other making use of a two hand hold impossible.

Let's add one more, ALWAYS carry a folding knife on you. It's another defensive tool at your disposal if needed, and it is also a very utilitarian tool. I find I use my knife several times a day.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    NN is ON POINT!!!

You have got to learn and _master_ the draw stroke, while doing so _on the move_.
    The Western style draw and stand there shoot it out method is largely fubar when rounds are coming down range back at you.

With that take note of the BGs gun hand. If he is left handed then move to your right. If he is right handed then move to your left.
    Why? Because of basic human physiology. It requires more muscle and different as well as generally weaker shoulder muscle to sweep ones arm out than it does to close inward...and that directly affects the shooters accuracy in a real way. Remember this!

Most definitely at time of draw one should be in movement and firing on the move...getting off the 'X' where as X represents not where you you are in the momentary current ('Y'). But most accurately X represents where you are and _were_ to the eye and perception of the adversary at any given moment in time and space. Simply do not be where the BG thinks you are or were.

Excellent thread Wink and all five of his OP points are dead on.
    Especially the advisory to TRAIN!
    Skills definitely do degrade and quickly with time. Also train and do a wide number of _different_ things and not just go to the range and stand on the line shooting marksmanship/bullseye style at static targets. IRL Deebo moves around.

- Janq

+12345

i have found either airsoft replica or snap caps are great for this type of training

it even helps once you have masterd the drill to start from a sleeping position to run the drill - in the dark if you can swing it

Quote Originally Posted by mwink822
    Let's add one more, ALWAYS carry a folding knife on you. It's another defensive tool at your disposal if needed, and it is also a very utilitarian tool. I find I use my knife several times a day.

agreed - and i would like to add 1 more item

a flashlight of some sort should be carried

i use my knife and flashlight almost everyday!

Quote Originally Posted by MrMcCrackin
    agreed - and i would like to add 1 more item

a flashlight of some sort should be carried

i use my knife and flashlight almost everyday!
    Good point about the flashlight.

Am I the only one that rarely has a need for a flashlight during my 9-5p ?

Is there anyway, at home, to train for recoil ?

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12
    Am I the only one that rarely has a need for a flashlight during my 9-5p ?

Is there anyway, at home, to train for recoil ?

maybe - carry one and once you have one at the ready - i find i use it all the time at the office

The ony way I know to train for recoil is shoot...A LOT. I don't think you can do that at home unless you have plenty of acreage.

Quote Originally Posted by mwink822
    The ony way I know to train for recoil is shoot...A LOT. I don't think you can do that at home unless you have plenty of acreage.

i wasnt refering to training for recoil - but clearing holster and aiming while on the move

which cannot be done at most ranges unless you are enrolled in a class of some sort

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads