CC holster for a big guy?
Close

This is a discussion on CC holster for a big guy? within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I'm 240lbs..and find it hard to get the right CC holster. What do you guys wear that seems comfortable? Links, pics, thoughts? Thanks...

I'm 240lbs..and find it hard to get the right CC holster.
    What do you guys wear that seems comfortable?

Links, pics, thoughts?

Thanks

I'm 6'0" and 220... large frame, but really not much in the spare tire area. My absolute favorite holster so far is High Noon's Tailgate tuckable IWB. Mine's for a Steyr M9-A1, a medium framed double stack 9mm pistol. It conceals fine under cool weather clothes. Hides fine under just a t-shirt if untucked. Tucked t-shirt is tough.

Been meaning to post pics and a review of the holster. Brown Santa brought it just last week after a 6 month wait. I really like the holster. It's WAY more comfortable than the old kydex job I had been using.

thanks kartoffel,

I've used leather (Safari?) holsters ALOT in IDPA matches and really enjoyed them.

Kartoffel, do you feel the pistol "pinching" into you when you sit?

Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    i want to get one of those because i hear so much good about them. i have a Super Tuck from CrossBreedHolsters.com for a full size USP in 9mm. you can go here for a big picture.
    http://crossbreedholsters.com/files/new_clips_ST.JPG

although i cant really get away with only a tucked in shirt, its great with an un-tucked shirt or any kind of light jacket. super comfortable and has a couple different mounting holes for the clips, to customize the depth.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I've had luck using a leather DeSantic IWB holster, but at 5'8" and 120lbs, I'm a far cry from being a big guy. My guess would be that a good leather IWB would work well enough, but you may want to bump up a waist size on the pants to prevent the pants from feeling too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajen
    Kartoffel, do you feel the pistol "pinching" into you when you sit?
    Depends on where I wear it.

Between 4 to 6 o'clock it does not pinch at all. This is my preferred carry mode. The butt of the pistol tucks right up against my body parallel to the 12th floating rib. If you hunch over the pistol may print, so sit with good posture and you'll be fine. Drawing while seated is easy: just lean or scoot forward one handwidth from the back of your seat and reach.

Between 3 to 4 o'clock it doesn't conform to my body as well. The butt of the pistol goes straight aft instead of following the curve of my body. Sitting doesn't cause a pinch, but if I twist my torso or lean to the right it does pinch. Drawing from this position, especially while wearing a seatbelt, is awkward.

Appendix carry: the Steyr's a little too big for me but I'd be willing to give it a try with a slim compact.

You've motivated me to take some pics this weekend. Will follow up with more info later on.
    Last edited by kartoffel; 01-09-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Im 6 foot and 220. I carry my Stoeger Cougar fullsize and my Steyr M9 in High Noon Holsters. I have the Mister Softy and carry it fine summer and winter. If you had a big gas tank for the love machine(beer gut) it could be uncomfortable to sit down and drive. I have lost a few so thats not an issue with me.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Tucked t-shirt. Pretty much the toughest way to conceal. Note that I don't wear my shirts this way, but it shows what is possible.

.. and this is where it is:

thanks for the pics Kartoffel

Remove Ads

Ads