I no longer have to be a sheep.
Close

This is a discussion on I no longer have to be a sheep. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Except when I'm at work, among other places. Methinks it's time to get some flying ash trays....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Except when I'm at work, among other places. Methinks it's time to get some flying ash trays.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    clays? alien spaceships?

Just ordered 200 rounds of Federal HST, 230 gr, of course.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Congrats! What are you carrying your ashtray-launcher in? I've been getting really anxious 'cause there's High Noon holster due to arrive in the next few weeks. Can't wait to ditch the kydex.

I love my high noon, but my crossbreed is the most comfortable.

I'm using the Smart Carry right now. It's comfortable and conceals very well. The downside is that draw time is probably slightly longer than if it were on my hip. However, I'm really skinny, so I'm not convinced that a hip holster would be easily concealed. I'm carrying my full size 1911 with 1 in the tube, 7 in the mag, and 11 in a spare mag.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    i gata go with king, the crossbreeds are amazing. supertuck.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prod
    I'm using the Smart Carry right now. It's comfortable and conceals very well. The downside is that draw time is probably slightly longer than if it were on my hip. However, I'm really skinny, so I'm not convinced that a hip holster would be easily concealed. I'm carrying my full size 1911 with 1 in the tube, 7 in the mag, and 11 in a spare mag.
    I can carry my TRP in an OWB hip holster just fine, and I'm by no means a big guy. I stand about 5'8" and weigh in at about 125lbs. The only problems I have concealing the 1911 are when I use either a Wilson Combat Tigershark paddle holster or a Blackhawk Serpa paddle holster (both of those are offset from the waist by about a half inch).

I picked up my ccw Friday afternoon. I'm using the smart carry right now which is very comfortable. It's nice to have it on my person, and at times I forget it's even there. But that's not possible at work (shirt and tie - too obvious. So I'm looking at for a Walther PPK to carry in a pocket holster. Just to have something on me at all times - undetectable.)

I just recently got my Comp-tac Minotuar in, and I was wearing it this weekend. Pretty comfortable, it holds its place better than the smart carry, and the draw is much quicker. However, no matter how tight I wear my belt, I still have to use my left hand to hold my shorts down while drawing. Overall I like the holster a lot, absolutely no printing unless I bend over forward, so if I have to pick something up, I bend at the knees instead. The only thing I don't like is that I have to have my shirt untucked because the belt clips, while not conspicuous, are visible.

What are you carrying that the smart carry doesn't conceal? My full-sized 1911 is completely undetectable with my smart carry, even with the shirt tucked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads