I no longer have to be a sheep. - Page 2
Close

I no longer have to be a sheep.

This is a discussion on I no longer have to be a sheep. within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; re hold pants while drawing: have you looking into a quality belt? i know it sounds insignificant, but it is far from that. re belt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    re hold pants while drawing: have you looking into a quality belt? i know it sounds insignificant, but it is far from that.

re belt clips: from a users perspective where concealment is paramount i could see how small belt clips / hooks could seem identifiable. but, with all the cell phones and other devices people have on their belts, i doubt a extra clip or hook would appear all that conspicuous today.

I do have a couple nice belts, but the inherent problem is my shape. Basically, I'm thinner above my belt line than on the belt line, so if I exert an upward force on my waistband, it will come up regardless of what belt I'm wearing. My belt would have to be above my navel to fix the issue.

have you tried riding your holster with a significant cant? Then the angle is not straight up but at an angle forward which might avoid the issue. The only other option would be to ride the belt near to uncomfortably tight. OR as you said...it wouldn't be terrible to, as you sweep away your cover garment, to keep your hand there a big longer as you draw. It'll take a bit longer, but better to have the gun out then to not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Prod
    What are you carrying that the smart carry doesn't conceal? My full-sized 1911 is completely undetectable with my smart carry, even with the shirt tucked.
    S&W .40 VE. It leaves a bulge at the top of my front right pocket due to the grip. Not a problem if I have a shirt untucked, but if I am in shirt/tie, then it is too obvious. Like I said, otherwise it is not a problem. The holster is comfortable - most times I forget I'm carrying.
    Last edited by mtbchas; 05-27-2009 at 07:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads