Where have and do you lawfully carry concealed?
Close

This is a discussion on Where have and do you lawfully carry concealed? within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; As SOP I carry most everywhere I go. I no longer think about it, akin to grabbing my wallet and keys before stepping out of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

As SOP I carry most everywhere I go. I no longer think about it, akin to grabbing my wallet and keys before stepping out of the door if even just for a quick trip up the street to grab the Sunday paper. Two other habits I learned and have had ingrained since childhood. This is my normal just as I never leave home without my American Express cards, and Visas.

Tonight I attended a town business meeting invited and picked up from my home by a neighbor and together we drove to town hall to attend and participate.
    I sat directly behind two neighbors who live at the end of my block, both are high level educators with our local schools. To my direct left sat the chief of police and to the rear of the room two rows behind us sat the Deputy fire chief along with five of our towns finest. In front of me roughly 15' away was the town select board. At the end of the event my neighbor the mayor strolled up, said 'Hello Henry!', shook my hand, introduced me to a top level associate from a local college, and we shared laughs about always seeing each other on Sunday as we go for a walk through town our papers. As well I had a bit of face time with the PD chief and shook his hand as well.

Roughly an hour and a half of time spent amongst my neighbors and the top cogs of my towns governing body.
    And I was carrying concealed under a polo shirt on full size .45 with 8+1 in the tube on my right hip at the kidney. On my left hip forward was a 10 rd. magazine in a mag holster. And nobody was the wiser. No one was in danger. Not a hair was harmed. And I strongly suspect the chief was carrying as well under his sport coat. I wondered to myself if he noticed any tell tale lumps or bumps on me as I rose to take the podium mic and address my community vis a vis this meeting. When I spun to return to my seat I looked him in the face to scan for a tell. Nothing. He and everyone else in the room were just smiles following my verbal comments.
    Upon return to my home my neighbor dropped me off on the street outside of my house only for another neighbor of my block who also was at the meeting to walk up on from the dark. He had left as soon as the meeting was over and got an early start on his walk rather than stick around and schmooze as I had. He and I wound up standing on the sidewalk along an unlit street talking in the shadows about the meeting and our positions toward town business affairs. He didn't have the slightest concern about me nor clue. And he had no reason to do so.

Sometimes when I carry I wonder how folk might react if suddenly our clothing as worn were to immediately be zapped away and everyone shown for who and what they are. Myself wearing nothing but a belt, holster, and stainless steel filled with copper.

As well this past weekend I visited the gym of a neighbor at his invitation. Again I was carrying. This time a compact 1911 but a 1911 none the less. I wore shorts and a tank top long to my ass, with a mag carrier and a 10 rd. mag on my weak side. I did two sets of pushups and leg stretches to get my blood pumping followed by several sets of squats in a Smith Machine. Again no one not even dude standing right over top of me was the wiser.

Not a hair was harmed.

It makes little sense to me that folk worry and concern about we concealed carry citizens.
    No one has been nor is the wiser even as almost every time my neighbors have seen or interacted with me I've been unbeknownst to them carrying.
    For all I know they are and have been too. If they knew likely one if not all would have some sort of 'concern' thus I keep my status toward as much confidential in my real and private life. But what if they did know? Would that change any thing. Why?

Sometimes like tonight I wonder in the back of my mind what it might be like to if lawfully enabled and socially allowed to simply lift and tuck my shirt. To result in outward and obvious display of my sidearm and spare magazine, or at times two spare magazines. What would people say about and think of me then? Would they then shake my hand and introduce me to their associates? Or would I be shunned. Why?

At what unexpected places and under what if only folks knew situations have you carried?

- Citizen Janq

P.S. - I came home to find Mrs. Janq still up and curious about how the meeting went.
    As I debriefed and told her what all went down I removed my outer polo shirt, cover, then opened my safe to place my spare mag and sidearm away fro the day. Now used to seeing this she did not blink an eye nor break a step in her conversation. Not a hair was harmed.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    and thats how it should be. Sadly for myself, the only place i can lawfully carry concealed is my home.

I carry everywhere I can legally and comfortably.

In Iowa I cannot carry in bars(ones that are not also restaurants), when I am intoxicated, on federal land(post office, federally owned and managed parks), schools.

I carry in my car, in malls, on a walk, everywhere. Usually i do a IWB setup from High Noon Holsters, but in the winter I have a shoulder harness I use and carry my Cougar or Steyr in(fits both guns).

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

I, as most of you do, always carry a gun on me. However I am not subject to the restrictions at certain places (LEO). Anyway to answer your question about the reaction, myself and a fellow officer had just left the shooting range, and stopped to meet his wife and my girlfriend to get dinner. After leaving the range he decided he would just open carry, I however used an IWB holster. At the resturant we saw another LEO officer from a state agency that we both knew and she made a comment to the other officer "I can't believe you are carrying a gun in here", no such comment was made to me, that person either didn't know or didn't care. After that we went to wal-mart to pick up a few things, there we saw another officer from a different agency as well as a dispatcher from our agency. Once again a similar type comment was made to the other officer and not to me. So if you ask me it doesn't matter if you are around people who carry guns and/or around people who do so constantly, it is still noticied and very much sticks out in peoples mind's.

P.S.
    After speaking with most of the officers from surrounding agencies I am amongst the few that constantly has a firearm with them at all times. But to each their own I guess.
    Which brings me to a quote I once heard that should apply to all of the LEO's in this forum.

If you are a warrior who is legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that the bad man will not come today. No one can be “on” 24/7 for a lifetime. Everyone needs down time. But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... “Baa.”
    -From the book, On Combat, by Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    i carry a G27, IWB 95% of the time

though i have thought about getting a Kahr for pocket carry recently

I don't carry in the courthouse, schools, or post office.

I don't carry at work because it's federal property.

Another unexpected place where I carried was into the hospital and during the birthing of my son.
    Here in MA hospital carry is not unlawful.
    I walked right in during contractions wearing my Colt Defender and a 7 rd. backup mag and it stayed concealed until we left the two days later. I came and went through the hospital doors two or three times in my travels and no one was the wiser.
    Not a hair was harmed. And until just now I'd never shared as much with anyone, not even my wife was aware at the time.

People make like carrying concealed is difficult. I have not found this to be true...for me.

- Janq

Quote Originally Posted by Janq
    Here in MA hospital carry is not unlawful.

- Janq
    Possibly if the Hospital is considered part of a College Campus. Otherwise it is legal

Correct Duc, and it was not on or part of nor affiliated with a college/university.

- Janq

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads