'Anytime, Anywhere': Life, Living, and Crime in the Real World - Page 2
Close

'Anytime, Anywhere': Life, Living, and Crime in the Real World

This is a discussion on 'Anytime, Anywhere': Life, Living, and Crime in the Real World within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; As reported via SignOnSanDiego.com Gunmen attack police chief in Cancun beach resort REUTERS 2:57 p.m. May 4, 2007 CANCUN, Mexico – Gunmen attacked the police ...

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

Gunmen attack police chief in Cancun beach resort

As reported via SignOnSanDiego.com

Gunmen attack police chief in Cancun beach resort

REUTERS
    2:57 p.m. May 4, 2007

CANCUN, Mexico – Gunmen attacked the police chief of Cancun, a major Mexican beach resort with rising cases of drug gang violence, killing one of his bodyguards but leaving him unharmed, the government said Friday. A group of men opened fire on Ricardo Samos' truck Thursday after other vehicles cut it off in downtown Cancun, the government said.

One bodyguard was killed at the scene and another remained in serious condition in hospital.
    Mexico has seen a wave of drug-related brutality in the last couple of years and President Felipe Calderón has sent thousands of soldiers to states on the U.S. border and other regions to wage war against narcotics cartels.

“Until now we have seen feuding between crime groups unconnected to the state, but yesterday's event was an attack against institutions, against the police department,” Feliz Gonzalez, governor of Quintana Roo state, told reporters.
    One man was arrested and dozens of guns – some of them AK-47 assault rifles – were confiscated in connection with Thursday's attack, Gonzalez said.

Drug-related deaths in Mexico number more than 700 so far this year. In April, five corpses with bound hands and feet were found in a sports utility vehicle in Cancun.
    Cancun, a mass of towering hotels crammed along a narrow strip of white beaches, attracts millions of Americans and Europeans each year.
    Fighting between drug gangs has normally been out of sight of tourist areas of Cancun, although other kinds of violence have increased.

In February, a British tourist tried to push his girlfriend off a 13th floor hotel balcony during a drunken fight but ended up falling to his death.
    Last year, a married Canadian couple were found with their throats slashed in hotel room near Cancun. Their murders remain unsolved.

The story can be found at; http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...co-crime-.html

Note: This is Cancun where Americans and their college aged kids go to play on the beach, and figure/assume they will be safe & protected. Here though not even the chief of police of Cancun is safe from crime on his own home turf and beat (!).
    This story reads like the script from 'Man On Fire' only this time it's real world...

- Janq

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    Man on Fire was exactly what i was thinkin of also!

It was only a matter of time, if you look up corrupt in the dictionary you'd find his picture. He's got to greedy

Why do a police chief in a "non violent" city need multiple bodyguards? And how do you pay for them?

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Reason #52,591 why I will NEVER go to Mexico.

He pays for them by stealing from the tourists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes02
    Reason #52,591 why I will NEVER go to Mexico.

He pays for them by stealing from the tourists.
    If it was just tourists his bodyguards would be a little healthier

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...st0606-ON.html

Police seek 'dangerous' bandit who robbed Glendale bookstore
    Brent Whiting
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 7, 2007 08:45 AM

Glendale police asked for help Wednesday in finding a "dangerous" bandit who robbed a bookstore by holding a gun to a clerk's head.

Investigators also released grainy security photos of the robber, a man with shot dark hair, a full mustache and tattoos on his shouders and arms.

The holdup occurred Tuesday at the Book Cellar, 6527 N. 59th Ave., said Officer Jackie Cole, a police spokeswoman.

"He pulled a gun from his waistband behind his back," Cole said. "He should be considered armed and dangerous."

To offer information, phone Glendale police violent-crimes detectives at (623) 930-3000.

^^^Give that guy some damn books!!

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

Tragic Shooting Unfolded in West Springfield (MA)

As reported by my local news CBS3 Springfield (MA):

Tragic Shooting Unfolded in West Springfield

Story Published: Jun 2, 2007 at 6:37 PM EDT

Story Updated: Jun 2, 2007 at 8:42 PM EDT
    By Meghan Backus
    Video Watch The Story
    Members of one community are reacting to a tragic shooting that unfolded before their eyes in broad daylight.

"We do not have these types of incidents in West Springfield," said Police Capt. John Ferrarini, "It's a very peaceful community."

But gunshots broke the peace. Police say 23-year-old Evelyn Tavarez of Springfield was shot several times by her estranged boyfriend outside the Price Rite near Memorial Drive and Union street. The ex-boyfriend, Jose Paulino, then turned the gun on himself and later died from those wounds. It's an act many people call senseless and selfish.

"They don't consider the fact that i'm coming through here with my daughter and my wife, which we were here 20 minutes prior to (the shooting)," said Ramon Sanchez of West Springfield.

And dozens of shoppers were witness to this horrific scene. People watched as police cautioned off the scene, cleaned up puddles of blood and carried off Tavarez's body.

"People around here shouldn't be used to this," said Jonathan Cruz of Springfield. "I don't think this should be happening or going on - it's crazy."

But police say the crime was an isolated incident. The Republican reports Tavarez had a restraining order against Paulino in another state, and she moved to Springfield to get away from him.

"Now his family and her family are going to be the ones left holding this burden," Sanchez said.

It's a burden that some West Springfield residents are going to have to overcome every time they shop at their neighborhood supermarket.

"It makes me feel sad," said Marco Carrillo of West Springfield. "But it's not going to change the way we feel about West Springfield or the shopping mall."

The article can be found at; http://www.cbs3springfield.com/news/local/7806687.html

- Janq

^^^

Maybe the crazy's intent here was to only but touch the pope's robes to be healed of all sin and illness?

I'm kidding...but good point about no one being safe.

local stuff:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/p...tshooting.html

Man shot walking down sidewalk
    Becky Bartkowski
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 11, 2007 08:09 AM

A gunman shot and robbed a man Sunday at an apartment complex.

The victim was in serious condition, according to Phoenix Police documents.

The victim was walking down the sidewalk near Seventh Street and Broadway Road when the unknown gunman shot him, according to those documents.

more

http://www.azcentral.com/community/s...ed0610-ON.html

Destructive party crashers damage home, fire guns
    Elias C. Arnold
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 10, 2007 08:47 PM

Scottsdale police are investigating possible criminal damage and assault after a group of unidentified people crashed a party early Sunday in the 8000 block of East Davenport Drive.

According to police, a 19-year-old man hosting the party was punched in the face several times by an unknown assailant after the group arrived about 12:30 a.m.

The group reportedly damaged windows, fixtures and a car, during which time the victim was struck in the face, police said. The victim had been hosting the party while his parents were out of town.

Witnesses reportedly heard three or four gunshots as the group left. Police later found shell casings in front of the residence.

Police said witnesses were not forthcoming about the reasons for the assault and property damage.

The incident is under investigation.

Beer?

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...ooting-CP.html

Man shot four times over beer
    Elias C. Arnold
    The Arizona Republic
    Jun. 10, 2007 12:17 PM

A man was shot early Sunday when he refused to give an attacker his 12-pack of beer.

Phoenix police reported the man suffered four gunshot wounds to the stomach, leg and groin. His injuries were described as serious but non-life-threatening.

The victim was returning home from purchasing the beer about 5 a.m. near 7th Street and Broadway Road when an unidentified man approached him and demanded the alcohol, police said.

When the victim refused, the shooter opened fire with a .45 caliber handgun, police said.

The victim was transported to a local hospital. He is expected to recover, police said.
    Last edited by MrMcCrackin; 06-11-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Page 2 of 81 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads