How do you carry?
Close

How do you carry?

This is a discussion on How do you carry? within the CCW Conceal Carry forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Holster? Pocket? Inside the pants? Ankle? I've been just keeping my 92 inside my pants hung on my belt on the side/back of my right ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Question How do you carry?

Holster? Pocket? Inside the pants? Ankle?

I've been just keeping my 92 inside my pants hung on my belt on the side/back of my right hip. Mainly because its my only pistol right now(want an XD) and I think the holsters for it are too big.
    Am I in the wrong?

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    DJ,

Are you serious?
    Dude go get yourself a proper holster system, forthwith.

Be safest man.

- Janq

Im going to do shoulder harness since I tend to wear an overshirt or jacket alot. For those hot and humid iowa summers I might not carry the Cougar, and use a Walther pp inside the pants where I carry my other PP

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    like janq said

a proper holster and a "gun belt" - yes there actually is a difference!

Damn I feel like an idiot. This will be corrected this weekend.

Comp-tac IWB holster appendix carry.

I have a G23 and a SW340PD. Both are carried in Galco High-Ride OTWB holsters. I haven't had any problems with an untucked shirt.

I am in VA so I have been tucked with a Jacket for the past few months, and we are required to be "open" if the establishment serves alcohol for consumption on site, so the OTWB holsters are easier.

i use a wilderness intructor belt with a Comp-tac C.T.A.C IWB holster for my g23 and Comp-tac Gurkha IWB holster for my 229

Quote Originally Posted by robb
    I have a G23 and a SW340PD. Both are carried in Galco High-Ride OTWB holsters. I haven't had any problems with an untucked shirt.

I am in VA so I have been tucked with a Jacket for the past few months, and we are required to be "open" if the establishment serves alcohol for consumption on site, so the OTWB holsters are easier.

thats interesting - i am not sure if the required to be "open" if the establishment serves alcohol is a good thing or not

i would rather no one know that i am carrying period

for example - i am a pretty by the book kinda guy, however the local merchants such as costco have now posted "no weapon" signs.

now i cannot stop shopping there, at least not yet, but i have written a letter to the costco corp office.

and now i have to look away when i enter costco

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    No, it is not a good thing...in fact it's stupid not to mention impractical.

The law in VA requires as much not just at bars but at _any_ public establishment that sells alcohol from TGI Fridays and Applebees to Chez Spendalots where one might take their family or business associates for a bite to eat.

Additionally as per how the law is written in VA if you posesses a VA 'Concealed Handgun Permit' then the law says that any firearm carried must be kept concealed. Well that directly conflicts with the alcohol establishment rule and the law of open carry, which is allowed and specific to those who _do not_ possess a CHP. The two are directly conflicting.
    During my VA CCW class at the NRA HdQ our class instructors whihc included all police current & former all suggested that if we do decided to apply for a CHP to never ever get caught carrying openly in a restaurant or otherwise establishment that sells alcohol becuase it is at the officers discretion to cite one for being in violation of the the above legal conundrum. If he felt like being an ass he could cite you for disturbing of the peace or even brandishing even as open carry is VA legal and at times required by law. Beyond that having a CHP as noted does not allow one the right of open carry (on the app you actually have to sign toward knowledge of this) so again the officer could choose at his discretion to charge you on DoP or brandishing while in possesion of a firearm. Thats a felony in VA and bing your CHP goes up for review...

When in VA I never carried openly, for a number of reasons including it's just not a bright idea, and at places that sold alcohol I either avoided them, left my CCW locked in a container in the car, or went in concealed and left upon finishing my food...never ever ordering anything with an alcohol content.
    By law the latter is breaking the law even as it's the most sensible and logical action to take.

I really like how the LTC laws approach this in MA as they do not at all limit such stuff as one can carry practically anywhere including into restaurants, nightclubs and bars, which I do and don't think twice about now.

- Janq

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads