http://www.extremeshockusa.com
Close

This is a discussion on http://www.extremeshockusa.com within the Ammunition forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Anyone hear of this? I was PMed this by guns54 as "the best ammunition ever" anyone ever hear of it or use it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone hear of this? I was PMed this by guns54 as "the best ammunition ever"

anyone ever hear of it or use it?

It's crap: http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot23.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Box O' Truth
    Lessons learned:
    The Extreme Shock ammo makes a couple of claims and we will look at the results. Please allow me to "paraphrase" some claims.

1. Claim: Their rounds are supposed to penetrate walls less than standard ammo.
    Findings: The Fang Face penetrated 11 drywall boards, or over 5 interior walls without expanding or fragmenting. The Air Freedom round penetrated 4 boards, or 2 walls.

Less than a standard JHP round which penetrated all 12 boards, but still some penetration.

2. Claim: They are supposed to be able to penetrate a bad guy enough to be effective Stoppers.
    Findings: Both the Fang Face and Air Freedom rounds only fully penetrated 1 jug and slightly entered the second jug.

This is equilivant of 3 or 4 inches of penetration in ballistic gelatin. Some experts have doubts that this is enough penetration to reach the vital organs of a bad guy.

3. Claim: They are advertised as worth their cost.
    Finding: The cost for this ammo averaged about $1.85 per round, delivered. I see this as a big problem with "Specialty" ammo. We all know that it is very important to function test any carry ammo through your firearm. Who will or can afford to run 50 or 100 rounds of this stuff through a firearm to be sure it functions without a hitch?

Even if someone buys enough ammo to fill their magazine, it is unlikely that they will thoroughly test the functionality of the ammo.

I'm sure this ammo costs a lot to manufacture. Is it worth the cost? You be the judge. One thing for sure…..Shooting stuff is fun. Smilie

Thanks to my friends at HS2000/XDTalk Forum for sponsoring these tests. And, as always, thanks to Tman for the photo and water hauling help.

Yep its just very very expensive SHIT ammo.It lacks penetration to do any necessary damage.

You would be better off with Glaser ammo, but not a lot.

Last edited by Adler; 04-12-2009 at 07:22 PM.
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

guess im stickin to my federal ammo.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Yep, this is garbage ammo.
    A simple Google search should bring up much in the way of info toward this.
    It's been around for almost ten years being sold to suckas.

- Janq

I don't know where I heard it, possibly on the forums...but its a good rule.

"The flashier the box, the shittier the ammo". Meaning the more money spent on marketing is usually less money spent on engineering.

i figured as much. i posted it because the member who PMed me only has two posts and is new here as well. i thought it was just a spam bot since it was pretty much out of the blue and random.

Quote Originally Posted by mattxander12
    I don't know where I heard it, possibly on the forums...but its a good rule.

"The flashier the box, the shittier the ammo". Meaning the more money spent on marketing is usually less money spent on engineering.

Win White Box it is

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I concur with the opinions here that this ammo is absolute SHIT. Box O' Truth did a good job at showing as much. Besides, there is no freaking way I'd spend that much on ammo for carry purposes. I'll stick with my Bonded Golden Sabers.

Yeah you would be better off with FMJ ammo than that extreme shock crap. At least you would get the needed penetration and then some.......although I do not recommend FMJ, especially in smaller calibers.

DRT ammo is another garbage ammo as well IIRC.

For me it is Speer Gold Dots, Corbons, or if need be the Federal stuff. I only like the golden sabers for 45acp.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads