Why is 300 WinMag so damn expensive!?
Close

This is a discussion on Why is 300 WinMag so damn expensive!? within the Ammunition forums, part of the Gun Forums category; At an average of $2+ a bullet (for the decent stuff), what makes this bullet so damn expensive? I know it wasn't a military round, ...

At an average of $2+ a bullet (for the decent stuff), what makes this bullet so damn expensive?

I know it wasn't a military round, and I know not THAT many of them are made, but that doesn't justify the cost! I mean, they aren't that big... sure, they are great rounds, but damn! Shooting 10 rounds I felt like crying.

Also, anyone ever shoot .300winmag? It's a crazy ass round and I'd HATE to be hit by one! Loud as hell and the recoil is pretty intense, but in a good way. Was using a bolt action target rifle.
    Last edited by brucelee; 10-24-2007 at 04:57 PM.

Supply and demand. They just are not in demand. Its like 338 Lapula, only not as nuts. Plus the materials cost. It is sad though, since I can get oddball calibers like 7.5 french and 6.5 Carcano cheaper. Sometimes even 375 H&H

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

If ammo was cheaper I'd love to own a .300 winmag rifle... That bullet is so damn bad ass and will DESTROY a target.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Im starting to crave an African caliber gun, like a 375 H&H Mauser action or something along that line.

The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    my cousin has a 300 winmag, its the one casing i keep on my desk. every single time we take it to the range it is the loudest thing there by a bunch. the looks we get from some people are funny as hell. its one of those rifles you dont mind letting other people shoot because most of the time they only end up shooting it once before they dont want to shoot it any more. the things it does to deer are rugged. plain and simple.

.300 Win Mag also is a good long range target round. Best starter caliber for long range comps.

Plays Counter Strike and knows everything about guns. Gun-Nut's Avatar
    I shoot .300wm often.
    The price hurts some, but I search for good deals. I'll probably start reloading here soon.

Also, the recoil of the .300 depends on the rifle. One of mine kicks the shit out of me, and the other I can shoot all day long (literally).

NN, the softer shooting of the two always turns heads, most think it's a .50 by the sound it throws out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun-Nut
    most think it's a .50 by the sound it throws out.

Shooting .50 in public ranges is soooo passe.

I've shot my brother's and it was a blast. Nothing like hunting coyotes on a friend's property in Milpitas with .300 WinMag

Remove Ads

Ads