can I has the airsoft? mayybeeeee
Close

This is a discussion on can I has the airsoft? mayybeeeee within the Airsoft forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I'm thinking about getting an airsoft rifle. I'm leaning towards the Dboy Scar, but no one has it in stock. Anybody have any experience with ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I'm thinking about getting an airsoft rifle. I'm leaning towards the Dboy Scar, but no one has it in stock. Anybody have any experience with this rifle? It seems reasonably priced.

You should get an AK-47, like a Tokyo Marui (spell?) or a Classic Army. They are reliable as hell and are easy to upgrade and still allow you to use a large battery in the butt stock.

Ive been using my TM AK-47 for YEARS... It's hopped up to 400-425fps (depending on what battery I use) and has NEVER had an issue. My friends have gone through 4-5 rifles each since we all got our guns, and I'm the only who is still using his original AK that has yet to break in any way (everyone esles guns have broken in some way or another and have had to rebuild their entire internal hardware)

I know it's not the coolest (it is to me) looking gun out of all of them, but it's a bad ass gun to play with!

Coolest thing is that you live about 5 mins away from Ford Ord (they have huge battles there, particularly in the area that we explored a few months back. How cool is that?!)
    When in doubt, ask Adler.

i liked the scar because i can not afford a real one. but me = teh open.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

well i spent an a few hours tonight ready to burn a bigger hole in my CC. The TM AK is sold out pretty much everywhere.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    I had a classic army M4, full metal receiver and such, pretty sweet. i never had an issue with it.

you airsoft people are insane. everything is sold out, everywhere. and the retailers have no idea when they are going to get anything back in.

Send a PM to user 'ORCA'. If there's anyone who knows how to get things, or knows about airsoft in general, it's him. He has the user title "Airsoft god" for a reason.

He's like adler, but in the airsoft world. (though he knows a lot about real steel too).

There's a store called "Airsoft extreme", same people who have a banner in this forum that have a very large selection of airsoft guns/parts/accessories IN STOCK at their store in Mt View. I can go with you if you want to meet up... I love that store, it's like a candy store, or better yet, a CRACK store for a crack head. lol.

They have all sorts of stuff in stock and I'd call them before ordering online. They also have a life time warranty on the stuff they sell. They will fix any factory defects, or will fix any of the work that they have done on the gun, which is MUCHO worth it if you ask me (or any of my friends, since that's the ONLY place that we go to because other places suck!)

Trust me man... Airsoft Extreme is a REALLY great shop and they carry some of the best stuff out there. When you walk into their shop you automatically go "wow!". Just walls from end to end with various guns... You should go there even if you dont have plans to buy anything. They even have an airsoft shooting range where you can test out the guns!!! How sweet is that!?!!??!?

Call me if you want to go there, I'd be glad to go with you. Going there is almost like it's therapeutic in a way... You'll know what I mean when you go there. lol

BTW, if you do get a worthy gun, we'll all attend the next airsoft extreme battle that they have organized. There's a guy that works there named Shaun that organizes these events and they have yet to fail me in terms of fun factor and coolness. I've been to 3 events at Fort Ord, which is about 5 mins from your house. Lucky for you!!!

(BTW, I'm not sure if AE is in MT View or Santa Clara. One or the other)
    When in doubt, ask Adler.

AE is one of the shops i checked. the TM AK i want is on sale but out of stock. i called on of their stores, and email from the website. they have no idea when they will have more. But its on sale!

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    LOL!

Samit are you local to any of the stores? (nm from reading Bruce's post, you are). AEX is in Santa Clara.

AEX has CA, ARES and VFC have both SCAR-L's and H's in stock. The Dboys is a lower priced clone of the VFC SCAR.

At the end of 2009 all China Clone factories of airsoft were shutdown by the Chinese govt (Ironically it's illegal to mfg replica guns in China). Some have just recently re-opened, but the "out of stock" issues on the China mfg'd guns are due to this.

On the other end of the spectrum, Japanese mfg'd airsoft guns (i.e Tokyo Marui, etc) are not being imported as much lately due to the weak dollar conversion. A basic TM AK 47 used to cost $220.00 now cost is around $300.00.

Airsoft AK's like M4's have tons of mfg's choose from. Tokyo Marui is the brand most Airsoft AEG's have copied, but brands like CA, VFC, G&P, and many others add value by including reinforced parts (i.e metal external bodies, etc).

Let's take a few steps back:

• How much you want to spend?
    • Is this just for shooting at home or are you plannin to play airsoft on a legal field?

If you can get to AEX, or any other reputable airsoft retaielr, they wil let you handle, fire, compare in-store. From AEX you'll get a warranty and a reliable place to go if you need a repair.

If you don't mind buying used and still want the Dboys SCAR, you're welcome to use my Airsoft Shopper Site: http://shopper.airsoftmonkey.com (Yes, I copied river of guns idea, just tailored it to airsoft
    Last edited by ORCA; 03-04-2010 at 05:27 PM.

i'm about a 2-hour drive from the aex store in the south bay. the dboy scar is out of stock everywhere. i'm going to shoot stuff in my backyard, eventually i'll do some field stuff.

i can swing 500 for a good gun, battery, charger, and accessories i may need.

i found some TM stuff on redwolfairsoft, but shipping from HK is a lot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads