Metal Body Question
Close

Metal Body Question

This is a discussion on Metal Body Question within the Airsoft forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Hey, been a while since my last post, but I had a few questions. What metal bodies are compatible with the TM M4A1 New Type? ...

Metal Body Question

Hey, been a while since my last post, but I had a few questions. What metal bodies are compatible with the TM M4A1 New Type? And would I need any real technical skill to install it myself? Or is it step by step instructions? Also, I was looking for a good RIS forearm, and I saw the Echo 1 full metal RIS, it says its Marui compatible (Apparently just slips on under the delta ring) and its only $40, is it worth it?

Thanks,
    --Kyu

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    1) Almost all Armalite style metal bodies are compatible with the New Type. All the New Type did was reinforce it's plastic body so there is less chance of breakign the tabs. It's the same form factor as before.

2) You need some experience, but this website has good dis/reassembly videos. http://www.mechbox.com/site/m4/m16-upgrades/

3) Good RIS forearm... first find something you like the looks of to help narrow down the choices.

4) Is Echo1 worth it... Well not only do you cheapen your TM, you'll loose battery carrying capability of your foregrip. Something else you should consider when looking for a railed foregrip.

I'm putting on a solid stock, and the wiring seems easy enough. Thanks for the information.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

5. Remove Advertisements
    GunForums.net
    Advertisements

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) ORCA's Avatar
    Well keep in mind, rewiring correctly involves using a TM ro Systema rear wiring harness. This will not negativley effect the value of your gun. If you choose to do your own re-wire job, it my devalue your gun.

If you never plan to sell it then it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ORCA
    Well keep in mind, rewiring correctly involves using a TM ro Systema rear wiring harness. This will not negativley effect the value of your gun. If you choose to do your own re-wire job, it my devalue your gun.

If you never plan to sell it then it doesn't matter.
    Nah, I don't intend on selling it. If I screw it up it'll be a $400 wall hanger. But I've bought the parts you suggested, and I can't thank you enough for your help.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Nose Nuggets's Avatar
    orca = airsoft god

Remove Ads

Ads