Close

Grandfathering ...

This is a discussion on Grandfathering ... within the Rifles forums, part of the Gun Forums category; There's a gunshow in Indianapolis coming up. I plan on buying a stripped AR-15 receiver. Suppose another assault weapon ban goes into place. Does having ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grandfathering ...

There's a gunshow in Indianapolis coming up. I plan on buying a stripped AR-15 receiver. Suppose another assault weapon ban goes into place. Does having the receiver purchased prior to the ban exclude me from any changes and restrictions a ban might impose ?

If it was another 1995 style ban Yes. But the one comeing up will ban all parts for building them up.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar
    Yep ^^

Folks need to actually read the bill and it is in plain English easy to understand; http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...bill=h110-1022

There is much there in applicable to everyone and much more than the AR, which BTW is named in specific, including;

(L) A semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General. In making the determination, there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any Federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event.'.

Read the text of the legislation in whole as it is serious business and far more restrictive than AWB I.

- Janq

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

I've been to the last two Indy gun shows and the last one in Kokomo. At all three was a table set up by http://www.zxgun.com/ (I don't work for them). Anywho they had the best prices on DPMS lowers both stripped and complete. You should look for their sign, "ZXGUN" and take a look at what they have before you decide to buy.

I can't promise they will be doing the same deal but they had stripped DPMS lowers for $95. They should be priced at least to $99 unless they feel the demand will go up the closer we get to election time. They also had complete lowers with telescoping stocks for just over $200 ($209 I think) My brother bought one of those.
    Last edited by Balbino; 02-28-2008 at 12:36 PM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Blindeye_03's Avatar
    So... now would be a good time to pick up an extra bolt & firing pin and all that?

Yep.

crap, when does it look like this ban would go into effect if it were passed, since I only have and FID (MA) at the moment and i turn 21 in june when i can get LTC and be able to get large capacity "evil guns".

This hardcore sucks. So what they are saying is an M1 will be banned, because it is a military design? And M1As and Mini 14s? I don't have the funds to buy anything more expensive than a bolt rifle, so if this ban goes into effect and when I do have the funds in the near future to buy them they won't be available. I'm almost contemplating taking out a loan to buy the firearms that might get banned.

I'm thinking that my expendable income will be directed entirely towards firearms for the next year, and I'll put car modding and beer on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by 7.62
    This hardcore sucks. So what they are saying is an M1 will be banned, because it is a military design? And M1As and Mini 14s? I don't have the funds to buy anything more expensive than a bolt rifle, so if this ban goes into effect and when I do have the funds in the near future to buy them they won't be available. I'm almost contemplating taking out a loan to buy the firearms that might get banned.
    I am in a similar boat. I really wish I could get an M1A, a PTR91, and a Vector V93 but simply lack the finances to pull of any purchase that large.
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ads