Gun Forums banner

Which one would you select for CCW?

Which one would you use for CCW?

4K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  jbenedetto2 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
This is my first post. I'm always debating with myself and searching for the "ultimate" concealed single stack 9mm. Yeah, Right! Looking to anyone and everyone's opinion on what you would select out of this list. Additionally, Yes, I know there is no ultimate CCW. That would be silly to think that there is such a thing. LOL. I'm only considering single stack magazine, no safety 9mm handguns. Yes, I know that there is exceptional option in Single Action, such as, the Sig P938 and a great selection of double stack magazine options but for this poll I'm mainly concerned with the handguns in this list. Please comment on the reasons why you selected one of the handguns in this list. If you select Other, please by all means let us know what you selected as your choice and your reasons why. I welcome everyone's comments good and bad about any and all the guns mention.

I've shot the Sig, XDS45, and the Beretta and I like them all for all the reasons you can imagine. Of course, any of the following would serve the purpose of a CCW but I want to get your views. Take into consideration that whichever one I would decided upon I would change out the trigger and add night sights(Sig already has NS) for whichever has the capability to do so.

Existentially Same in Size (Smallest)
ModelMagazine**ActionSafetyWeightLengthHeightWidthTriggerPrice Range*
Sig P290RS6/8rdsHammer DAONo20.5oz5.50in3.90in0.9in (1.1 in with slide catch lever)9lbs$475-500
Beretta Nano6/8rdsStriker DAONo19.8oz5.63in4.17in0.9inN/A$400-500
Kahr CM96/7rdsStriker DAONo15.9oz5.42in4.00in0.9inN/A$350-400

Similar in Size (Largest)
ModelMagazine**ActionSafetyWeightLengthHeightWidthTriggerPrice Range*
Springfield XDS 3.3 9mm7/9rdsStrikerNo23.0oz6.30in4.40in0.9in5.5 - 7.7lbs+/-$475-575
S&W M&P Shield7/8rdsStrikerYes/No***19.0oz6.10in4.60in0.95in6.5lbs+/-$350-450

*Prices may vary from location.
**All have extended magazines 7, 8 or 9 capacity.
***The S&W M&P Shield with no safety is due out in a month or so(most likely the so) and will be the only way I would purchase it.

Give me your opinion of the ones you like the most for CCW?

I appreciate your response.
Thanks,
Terry

See less See more
#7 ·
I've got a bunch of different concealed carry pistols chambered for .22wmr, .38spcl, 9x17, 9x18, and 9x19. Each one has a different application, but as a rule I carry a NAA mini revolver as a BUG, and my Smiff Shield as primary. However, I've got a TCP, a Polish P64, and a Smiff 642 that are excellent pocket pistols. I've got a few others, but these see the most carry.

#9 ·
Your best bet is the S&W Shield or the Glock 43 in a single stack 9mm. Mind you, it's more challenging than a full sized. The Glock wins for reliability and durability. The Shield has one more round capacity. Both would need Tritium sights.

I personally would recommend a Glock 26 or Glock 19. You'll have more control and both can accommodate the larger capacity 17 round magazines.

My carry is a Glock 19 MOS with a Trijicon RMR-04, Trijicon Suppressor sights, Overwatch Precision Trigger/trigger bar, Ghost Connector, and extended slide stop. It has been stippled, milled and Cerakoted, and I can shoot it out to 50 yards with either hand quite easily. Something you cannot do with a single stack 9mm.

Don't mind my FN 5.7. These were the only pictures in my iPad of my Glock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

#10 ·
Wandered into Sportsman's Warehouse last month. Picked up a Sig Sauer P365. So far I have put a little over 3000 rounds. Six different brands & grains. 115, 124, 124+P, 135 & 148. FMJ & JHP's. Brass & Aluminum <br>
cases. It handled everything I put in it. ZERO problems. It is my EDC. LOVE IT!<br>
<br>
Sleeve Creative arts Bag Electric blue Baby & toddler clothing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.