Gun Forums banner

Your personal choice is:

• Glock 17 4th gen

Votes: 0 0.0%

Currently looking for a new handgun for 3gun, couple of questions

3K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  2tallDave 
#1 ·
Okay, I know a lot of you are Glock fans, and I never have been. Now, that being said when I was at the gun store the other day I was looking at the new XDM 5.25, M&P Pro 5", and the Glock 17 in 3rd and 4th gen. I have an XD .40 sub compact and M&P .40C and love them both for slightly different reasons, but in handling the full size the XDM felt really cheap, and the Glock 17 3rd did not "fit" my hands. Oddly enough the 4th gen felt great, as did the M&P pro. So now I'm asking for your opinions and thoughts on both of these as for me its a bit of a toss up right now, and am going to try to go rent both next weekend at a local range to try them out.

#2 ·
Well got to the range and tried 2 guns out, a G17 gen4 and an XDM 5.25...running them fast, the glock held tighter groups and felt better in my hands, but running slow for tight groups, the XDM had an advantage...but over all wasn't real impressed with either. Now need to try the M&P Pro, and thinking maybe a EAA Witness Stock I or II

#4 ·
If you're a righty and don't mind a DA/SA trigger module, the Sig P series would be worth a good look, either a P226 or P220. As far as I'm concerned, Sigs are about as good as it gets in the right handed shooter ergonomics department.

Then again, there's always my default recommendation...get a good 1911

#5 ·
I like shooting Sigs, but the controls just don't fit my hand right....thinking another choice might be getting a 9mm conversion for my 10mm EAA Witness P, a firearm I shoot as much as possible already. Its still all up in the air, have a month or so to decide still.

#6 ·
I like shooting Sigs, but the controls just don't fit my hand right....thinking another choice might be getting a 9mm conversion for my 10mm EAA Witness P, a firearm I shoot as much as possible already. Its still all up in the air, have a month or so to decide still. But thanks for the suggestion, I'm am looking for others experience also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.