The 1911 Thread

18K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  cj02unc 
#1 ·
The name says it all...Let's see your 1911's. I'll start us off:

My Wilson Combat CQB Compact:

My Springfield TRP:

My Springfield Operator:

My Springfield EMP 9:

I didn't include any of my former 1911s (Colt CCO; Kimber Desert Warrior; Kimber Eclipse Target II; Kimber Royal II; Springfield Loaded B/S Target; Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special).

Okay, I showed you mine, now show me yours.

See less See more
#2 ·
So what do you think about SIG 1911's?

I handled a friend of mines RCS and I must admit, it felt good!

I'm afraid to get my hands on a SIG Tact Op 1911, I might not have a choice but to bring it home.

I kinda wish it was available in .40 though

#3 ·
I really like Sig 1911s for the most part. The two things I don't care for on them is that their shape prevents them from fitting SOME 1911 holsters that are closely contoured to the shape of a more conventional 1911 and the use of a Series 80 type firing pin block. Granted, I prefer a Series 80 type system over a Swartz type system (a la Kimber or Smith and Wesson), but considering that I live in a state that does not require an additional firing pin block, I'd just as soon forego having one in my pistol. Insofar as fit, function, reliability, etc, I can't recall ever hearing a complaint about a Sig 1911. They're about as solid as anything out there in their price point. I personally really like the RCS and C3 (both are Colt CCO derivatives), in my opinion, they're Sig's ideal all around 1911.

#10 ·
Ok, here is mine that is a work in progress

Got it as a stock AMT Hardballer, added beavertail, hammer, mainspring housing, magwell, 2 piece full length guide rod and grips....still want to change the slide release and thumb safety to complete the 2-tone. The grips are Dye sticky 3 grips, and since they are for paintball they are super soft and sticky and offer A LOT of control and help with hand fatigue when shooting all day.

stock with a different hammer:

#12 ·
Im tossing around the idea of a SIG 1911, they have this scorpion model that catches my eye, but i am not sure how durable the cerakote finish is

#16 ·
The NP3 is great. As for the Sig Scorpion, I'm sure the at the Cerakote is as durable as any of the wonder finishes (i.e. Black T, Rogard, Teflon S, etc). What's more, Sig makes a great 1911, I'm just not a huge fan of the 'sigified' aesthetics.

#24 ·
I was wondering about the magwell myself, but I'm assuming it's steel with some kind of covering (possibly G10 to match the grips) or other coating to match the appearance of the grips. FWIW, it looks to my eye like a Smith and Alexander one piece magwell.

It's a nice looking piece that you have there McCrackin.

#26 ·
The M1911 pistol, or more commonly referred to as the 1911, is a combat grade firearm widely issued throughout the U.S. military between 1911 to 1985 and is still currently used by some military personnel and law enforcement officers today. Due to its innovative "short recoil" system, high capacity magazine and excellent stopping power, the 1911 was predominately used in both World War I and II as well as the Korean War and Vietnam War. Today, you'll find these firearms being carried by the LAPD, SWAT, FBI, Marine Force Recon and Delta Force. The 1911 is an excellent weapon, and UHC's Airsoft replica of the pistol stands to match.

#27 ·
Bought this new in 1973. Added sights and ivories in 1975. Engraved in 2012.

Made around 1978, I bagged it in 1998 (15 years already?). I like ivory on a 1911. Who says the Super won't shoot?

Much carried and used Gold Cup. Yes, more ivory.

Cheap fun (still real ivory).

A friend wanted to trade me this on something I had that he wanted. I really had no use for it but what are you going to do?

Built this a few years ago using a Colt upper and a Daly lower. Actually works better than it ever did on a Colt frame. Ivories are fake but is a real diamond set in the right side.

Here's the Gold Cup in the El Paso Saddlery rig I had made.

#28 ·
A buddy of mine wants to sell this Springfield 1911 it but I'm not sure what to offer him. I apologize for the poor picture. It's all he sent me. The only other info he provided is what he called model number SPR 2291 and 45A. I know it's not much to go on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've wanted a 1911 for a long time and I hope to snatch this one up. I just want to give him a fair price.

#31 ·
Magnets and "permanent" glue will just flat out not be secure enough for any kind of hard use. I'd suggest getting one of the old Surefire units that were out there for the non-railed pistols and were pretty standard fare with law enforcement agencies years back (if I recall correctly, the version for the 1911 mounted via the slide stop and included a new slide stop with a longer axle), or get a unit that is bolted to the dustcover, but be careful not to get screws that are too long otherwise you will have issues with the slide cycling properly. Option 2 is to pinch some pennies and get a good 1911 with a railed frame and buy a Surefire X300 or the like.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.