Close

german pistol

This is a discussion on german pistol within the Pistols forums, part of the Gun Forums category; hi everyone, i am new to the threads. i have tried looking for any sort of info on a EIG Model E 15 made in ...

Thread: german pistol

german pistol

hi everyone, i am new to the threads. i have tried looking for any sort of info on a EIG Model E 15 made in germany .22 long revolver..its in good shape, i was just maybe wantin to know some background of it and possibly some sort of value...thanks and any help would be appreciated

EIG was the importer. Since its most likely West German made it would either be a Rohm or Weihrauch revolver. If you could post a pic I can tell instantly. The Weihrauch will look like a S&W, while the Rohms are really odd looking. The Rohm was one of the Saturday Night Special guns, and of generally poor quality, while the Weihrauch guns tend to be rough but solid for the most part.
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

The Peoples Democratic Republik of San Francisco
    I actually have an RG in .38 spec. it got sauteed in a fire and melted the grips off. So where as before I might have had some reservations on the quality of the pistol, now I'd think it smarter to weld it into a paperweight

Yeah you never want to ever shoot a fire gun. It compromises the heat treat of the metal and you can either get a really soft metal that will wear or bulge when fired, or a brittle gun that can shrapnel when fired if you are not careful.
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

i will post a pic tomorrow

sorry about the glare
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Looks like a Weihrauch but the picture is so small I cant really tell since Rohm did make one Colt Single Action pistol.

If the gun is an Arminius/Weihrauch it is about a 100-150 dollar gun, if its a Rohm its lucky to be worth a hundred. You should get a photobucket account to put your images on here, it works better.

I will check around for you
    Last edited by Adler; 12-16-2007 at 04:56 PM.

Sounds like you have a Arminius/Weihrauch from what I have been gathering. These are decent shooters, but not worth much. Most people say the going value is in the 125 dollar range for one in Very Good to Excellent condition. That said, shoot it and enjoy it. But to be sure I need an up close photo of the guns grips and markings. EIG did import some Rohms, but not as many. If you can get me the photo of the grips, I can definitely tell you.
    Last edited by Adler; 12-17-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Ads