Close

Umarex mp5k pdw co2 bb gun inbound.

This is a discussion on Umarex mp5k pdw co2 bb gun inbound. within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Gun Forums category; I've got one on the way and was wondering if it can be converted to full auto, and if so what options are available....

Gunatic Fanatic hugh g. rection's Avatar

Umarex mp5k pdw co2 bb gun inbound.

I've got one on the way and was wondering if it can be converted to full auto, and if so what options are available.

Doesn't sound like it can be mod'd to be full auto:

http://www.replicaairguns.com/posts/...un-review.html

That site will have the best info on bb-guns which are different then airsoft.

If you're feeling creative, check out how the full auto Izhmash Drozd works. There's no bolt cycling, just valves: one that lets BB's flow and one for a steady flow of gas. The "chamber" is sort of like a cyclone dust collector and the BB's sort of get swept along.

Corrections to the above thread entry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post
    If you're feeling creative, check out how the full auto Izhmash Drozd works. There's no bolt cycling, just valves: one that lets BB's flow and one for a steady flow of gas. The "chamber" is sort of like a cyclone dust collector and the BB's sort of get swept along.
    First of all and ill make this short... The Umarex MP5K PDW CO2 .177MM Can not be modified or "hacked" to fire auto (full stop!)
    The mechanics of this Version of MP5 have been engineered only to fire semi auto, the trigger has to be pulled to engage a shot in its cycle, the blow back slide is for show and does not and can not cycle another shot as it has no engagement with the breech or trigger in that way, full auto can not be done and Umarex have made sure of it with the weapons design. (I own one and I have checked myself.)

More importantly to me the quote above!!! (Bizzare!!)

The Biakal Izhmash Drozd (or black bird if you like) can not be compared to the workings of a Umarex MP5K No matter how creative you feel! Theres "no bolt cycling as mentioned above", well actualy yes there is!, the "bolt" is actualy the rod end (hammer) of the cellunoid which acts as a bolt would, next up "just valves that let bb's flow? NO, Not at all and completely wrong, the only valve found in a drozd is the co2 valve found not only in the mag of a drozd but on all known co2 pistols, rifles and "whatevers". "The chamber is like a cyclone dust collecter"????? are you on drugs??? and "bb's sort of get swept along"??? well again no your wrong again!!!!

The Drozd works like this, An electric PCB is controlled by the trigger pull, electric trigger ill add, then that info is fed into a cellunoid which is basicaly a rod in an electro magnet, this rod fires forward hits the co2 release valve on the mag, the mage is stacked by spring pressure to drive a bb up inline with the valve, the escaping gas drives a bb through the barrell. Simple! no cyclone dust collectors, no sweeping and youll be hard pressed to convert the drozd internals or anything home made to work inside the Umarex MP5K. A drozd fires on auto or burst through the PCB, an R5 Micro chip along with a series of capacitators tripple up one bull of the trigger to 3 hits of the cellunoid (an example), the PCB gan be modded to fire single, 3 burst, six burst and full auto in variable rpm's upto around 1800, at high rates of fire owners like to hpa there drozd to stop power loss and to gain more shots per fill. (Yep I own a Drozd and know it as well the back of my hand) If your new to the Drozd theres alot out there to learn about, JimC has some great bits just google it.

The End.

Ive seen little thread tails users add to the bottom of there threads with a saying or joke, mines bellow.

"If you dont have a clue, dont advertise it!"

Not to go off topic... but this BB gun caught my attention...

Buy Air & Blank Guns - ReplicaAirguns.com - Replica Air & Blank Gun Information

Sure looks like a real type 56 full auto receiver to me... Anyone ever view one of these up close?

Ads