Close

The 1 Paragraph Biography About Yourself Thread!

This is a discussion on The 1 Paragraph Biography About Yourself Thread! within the Off Topic Forum forums, part of the Gun Forums category; Rules: You will be allowed to write a biography about yourself, only in a single paragraph. Try to include as much as you can without ...

Annihilator Mr. Head Gun brucelee's Avatar

The 1 Paragraph Biography About Yourself Thread!

Rules: You will be allowed to write a biography about yourself, only in a single paragraph. Try to include as much as you can without busting a paragraph.

My name is Daniel, and although I'm 100% Dalmatian (Croatian Coast), I was born and raised in West Germany in a small town of about 10,000. I've always been really tall, so much so that when I was born the nurses took me from room to room showing other mothers how tall I was. English is my third spoken language and when I came to the USA the only things I could say were "Good boy" and "Thank you". As a youth I was heavily into soccer and music and was part of a rock band in the 5th grade where I was the singer and played the electric guitar. These days I enjoy mountain biking, fast import cars, skin diving/swimming, mixed martial arts, and soccer. I enjoy music and I probably couldn't live without it. My favorite genres of music are industrial metal, 80's music, and European Trance. I'm hoping to brush up on my singing skills and join a band within the next year or two since that's always been a dream of mine. I really bad problems sleeping and have had clinical insomnia since I was about 5. I've broken 11 bones in my body including breaking my arm in half 3 times. I'm not religious although I keep an open mind. I'm allergic to cucumbers and really hate bell peppers. I thing dogs are truly man's best friend, but I still like cats. I hope to have kids some day so I can train them into some of the worlds elite marksmen. I have well over a dozen firearms and really, REALLY enjoy everything there is to have about firearms. I have a lot of respect for the police although I sometimes have a problem with authority. I like working with my hands and hate being pinned down to a desk. The latest lesson in life I've learned in that no matter what you do and how hard you try, you will never be able to please everyone and have to accept the fact that others will try to bring you down no matter how good your intentions are. Also, smart women are my weakness, especially nerdy girls.

I wanted to write more but that's all I could fit into a paragraph without writing a novel.

I'll bite. Gotta do something until its time to go into work...

My name is Matt *gasp*. I used to say I was mostly German but through some reveals about genealogical infidelity, I'm not even sure, and never will be. Suffice it to say I have a European background. Born and raised in a small town in Indiana where the fun thing to do was to drink out of my buddies tailgate. Not much changed in that respect. I attend Purdue University here in IN. Used to be full time, but grabbed a full time job and started going to shcool part time. This made me a 5th year senior in Computer Science, but I was able to pay *most* of my way thru so far. My day job is a Computer Systems Administrator and it is honestly the easiest big-boy job one could get and I love how relaxed and lazy it is. I wish to retire already though, and I'm 22. I'm one who has a horrible problem with hobbies. I get new ones nearly monthly as old ones bore me and fade out. Currently they're Guitar, Subaru's, movie watching daily, thru-hiking, and of course firearms. Musically I'm a metal head. I love melodic metal from the good ole viking countries. Typical, but it's my taste. I tend to stay completely out of hospitals. In fact, I've never been there since I was 8. I'm really hard to get sick, not allergic to anything, and I put on muscle super easy when working and dieting with purpose. Where do I see myself in 5 years? Programming for either a startup company or a small game dev company located around the Rockies somewhere. I want to live in mountains badly...which is understandable considering I live in perfectly flat plaines and corn fields. Life never cares though, so we'll see where I go. Regardless I'll still be here at Gunatics...where I don't feel dumb saying I made internet friends lol.
    Last edited by mattxander12; 08-10-2009 at 06:45 AM.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) mwink822's Avatar
    I suppose I'll bite too.

My name is Marc and I'm sure you can surmise the nickname coined from my last name. My family is a mixture of Polish, Ukranian and Italian, I however am none of the above as I am full blooded South Korean and landed here in the States after being adopted. I grew up in Delaware and will likely stay in the area. So far as hobbies, I play golf, I dig expensive European cars (Aston Martins and Audis freaking rock), play some ice hockey and I love my guitars and guns. I have a penchant liking for dogs and am highly allergic to cats.

Wow, writing about yourself sucks.

Why the hell not?

My real name is Robert. In 1983 I was born into and raised in a German-American household in a dying North-Central Iowa city called Fort Dodge. When I was born the city had 40,000 people, when I left in 2003 it had less than 25,000. My parents were working class with my father owning and running a small Auto repair shop and my mother a mill worker at one of the local gypsum plants. They divorced in 1985 and I lived with my father until age 17 when I moved out and went to my mothers. In high school and junior college I played bass in a local grundge band called Nascent. In 2003 I left to come to Boone Iowa, a town of 12,000 were I finished by B.A. and M.A. at Iowa State, and am currently working on a PhD in History of Science and Technology with my main area of study being 19th and 20th century military tech. I have been an avid shooter and fair weather hunter since I was old enough to hold a gun. In my life I have been shot twice (once on purpose and once an accidental ricochet), stabbed once, and been on fire twice. I play the guitar, bass, and some piano. I have several older cars and a few motorcycles I like to work on when I have time and cash to burn. I was married in 2004 to a wonderful and somewhat nutty Magyar that I imported from Canada.

And that's about it.
    The Italians have a saying. "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." And although they've never won a war or mass-produced a decent car, in this area they are correct.

My name is -chet, I was born around the time Mt St Helens blew up in lovely Omaha, NE to a lower-middle class family, decendent from postal workers and teamsters of Swiss, French and German origin. Pops was a truck dispatcher, mom worked at a insurance co, quit to stay home and raise me and my brudder. I grew up playing in bean and cornfields, and only came home when we got hungry for lunch, or when the street lights came on. I started my own lawn business at the age of 8, which turned out to be quite the enterprise. Worked at grocery stores in HS while maintaining the business. Played football and varsity golf, but mainly a workaholic. Sold off the yards in 1998 and went to Waco, TX for some Baylor education. Hated the southern baptist culture, but loved the mexican food, and packed my bags for the University of Nebraska. Finished out with a double major in Business Management and Aviation. 9/11 happened, flying went out of the window, and I strapped on a necktie and did the bank thing downtown. Bank job works, and has so for 8 years. It supports my car addiction and my penchant for long haul travel. I still consider myself as a jack of all trades, master of a few.

-chet

I was born in 1977 in Pasadena, CA - my family moved to the Bay Area when I was very little. My family is Atheist, but technically my dad is Jewish and my mom Protestant. My dad is a rocket scientist (literally) for Lockheed Martin, my mom stayed home when until I was in highschool and than went to work for our neighbor adminstrating his executive coaching business. My Grandfather on my dad's side had an animation studio where is created Mr Magoo, Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Lone Ranger (cartoon) and did a lot of illustration for Dr Seuss. I Spent years working at auto shops, eventually doing 2 years at The Corvette Clinic and 6 years at Goodies Speed Shop. I have been a professional musician (Bass, Upright and electric) since I was 10 years old. I have been featured on the syndicated on the House of Blues show with Dan Akroid, and my album has been on the college top 100 charts. Somewhere along the line I worked for KSJO, KFOX and Channel 104.9 as a promotions agent. I sold out, and now manager Enterprise Commercial Trucks South Bay operations. I am married and love my wife dearly

Born in '77 here, too, in Vallejo, CA. My folks moved to central PA when I was only a few months old. Mom and dad were both in various law enforcement type roles - juvie probation, child support, welfare officer, etc. Not religious, but mom's family is fresh-off-the-boat New Jersey Russian Orthodox and dad's is midwestern Methodist. My only real exposure to church as a kid was doing random stuff in the boy scouts. One grandfather made nuclear submarines and the other was a pilot. Grew up in Pennsylvania, went to school at Penn State, did Air Force ROTC but ended up going civilian after a really cool engineering internship with General Electric. Also did competitive cycling (as in, bicycles) in college - mostly mountain biking but I also wrenched for our school's road racing team. I've worked in Houston quite a bit at Johnson Space Center doing mission ops for the space station. After the Columbia accident contractor work got real slim and I was layed off, so I went back to grad school and worked as a bicycle mechanic / university research slave. For the last 2 years I've been getting more and more settled in northern Alabama, though my lovely Mexican/Polish/Scots-Irish wife is a Houston native. Musical tastes vary. Currently my iPod is loaded with a bunch of Finnish death metal, A Tribe Called Quest, Bogdan Raczynski, Xploding Plastix and Mongolian throat singing. I am a rocket engineer, not a rocket scientist. Oh yeah, and my real name is Ted.

Ads