Gun Forums banner

can americans by guns in canada?

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Carlisa 
#1 ·
so ive been looking in to moving to canada for a job soon, so i wanted to know if americans can own guns up there if they moved in to the country?

i cant really find anything that says i can or cant online, kinda would like to know before i make the big move and say byebye to the USA forever.

#3 ·
interesting so it looks like i can even bring most of my firearms with me......i wonder if my wasr 10 an cz 75 would still be ok. thinking i was going to have to give them up hope thats not the case, now that i know maybe i can shoot an e mail off to some one and ask them how to do this. thanks mate!

#5 ·
Canada limits possession of handguns to collectors, target shooters and those who can demonstrate a need of guns to protect their lives. To own a gun, a Canadian must have a photo bearing licence either for "possession only" or, to buy a gun, for "possession and acquisition." In addition, for every gun in their possession, a Canadian must have a registration certificate which, if the gun is sold, bartered or given from one person to another, must be transferred to the new owner.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.