Close

Police response time statistics via the Dept. of Justice 'Bureau of Statistics'

This is a discussion on Police response time statistics via the Dept. of Justice 'Bureau of Statistics' within the General Gun Talk forums, part of the Gun Forums category; At the DoJ Bureau of Statistics site is; "Criminal Victimization in the United States - Statistical Tables Index" Table 107: Percent distribution of incidents where ...

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) Janq's Avatar

Police response time statistics via the Dept. of Justice 'Bureau of Statistics'

At the DoJ Bureau of Statistics site is;
    "Criminal Victimization in the United States - Statistical Tables Index"
    Table 107: Percent distribution of incidents where police came to the victim, by police response time and type of crime
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstrac..._victim156.htm

I love this site.

Unlike any other be it 2A or anti the information as presented is the closest to factual as anyone is ever going to get, for the US. And it's not compiled nor sifted through by persons and groups with an agenda such as Brady or NRA or bias such as so called studies presented in so called higher thinking media such as the New England Journal of Medicine which amongst others of same are known and shown to have bias within it's review process toward what is approved for publication as being 'truth'.
    The bottom line is what it is as based on results rather than assumptions or supposition or wishes of "It won't happen to me"and "I live in a nice neighborhood" or "Nothing like that has ever happened to me or anyone I know ".

Note that toward as indicated "Property Crimes" response time is the lowest overall with amongst that "Household Burglary" and "Motor Vehicle Theft" having respectively a 51.7% and 43.7% response time of 11 minutes to 1 hour (!).
    Further note that "Crimes of violence includes data on rape and sexual assault, not shown separately".

What does this mean?
    If you are in need of the police your odds are best if you call it in not as a home invasion or your car being stolen in front of you. You say to 911 hey they beating me (or that person) right now and it looks really bad. He/me is not moving...
    Doing so your odds are better/best at a response time "Within 5 minutes". Not instantaneous results but enough to locate your body and get you an EMT to maybe stop the bleed out as you try to hold on and not look into the light.

- Janq would not hesitate to call in emergency code WWD aka 'White Woman Down'

This is very interesting information. As far as violent crimes are concerned, at least 70% of the time you won't see an officer for at least 5 minutes. It's over in less than that. You could be dead, dying, or seriously injured long before the police arrive. Granted, it's way better than property crime :-\

Two questions...
    1.) Is it okay to "white lie" an emergency to get better response times?
    2.) What was the sample rate for those statistics ? It wasn't stated on the site nor the actual chart.

Gunatic Loyalist (Bow down) MrMcCrackin's Avatar
    da wifey and i learned long ago - when involved in a fender bender, the quickest response i have "ever" seen personally on a 911 call was when the wifey said to the 911 operator "he wants to leave, he is trying to leave the scene!"

literally within 25 seconds there were 5 units boxing us all in - it was amazing!

Ads